From insurance policy wording to offshore insurance captives, our multi-skilled team of business lawyers and advisers provides a full range of legal advice to help you minimise risk and maximise opportunities in insurance projects and transactions - wherever in the world you are doing business.
Our work with insurance policyholders, insurance brokers, introducers, managing general agents (MGA), insurers, captive owners and professional advisers includes advice on matters such as:
- Establishing, structuring, merging, acquiring, and disposing of insurance businesses.
- Supporting the development and distribution of new insurance products.
- Captives and other alternative risk transfer (ART) opportunities.
- Financial services regulation.
- Reviewing insuring provisions in agreements with suppliers, customers, distributors, manufacturers, contractors, and joint venture partners.
- Claims support and policy interpretation for insurance policyholders and their brokers in relation to complex or disputed insurance claims.
- Legal support for policyholders and their brokers in the placement of complex liability policies such as D&O, cyber, tax, and environmental.
- Insurance-related service provider reviews including managing tenders and negotiating service agreements.
- Advice on appointed representative (AR) agreements and introducer appointed representative (IAR) agreements.
- Transaction support on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, and outsourcing arrangements including the development of transaction insurance solutions.
- Establishing customer insurance arrangements for retailers, wholesalers, hirers, trade bodies, professional firms, and others.
- Data protection.
- Cyber security.