Helping financial services businesses make the right strategic and technical judgment calls
We are one of the country’s most experienced teams of advisers to the financial services sector providing corporate, commercial, insurance and regulatory advice to financial advisers, insurance brokers, managing general agents (MGAs), insurers and investment funds.
We blend insurance, regulatory, corporate and commercial knowledge to provide a comprehensive package of legal support for insurance brokers and their clients – like having an in-house general counsel. This specialist legal support is designed to help insurance brokers retain and grow customer relationships, win new appointments and compete with other major industry players.
Advice is delivered by highly experienced lawyers with a strong understanding of the insurance sector and includes:
- Drafting and reviewing insurance-related contracts including introducer agreements, appointed representative agreements, delegated authority agreements, TOBAs and service agreements.
- Financial services regulatory advice.
- Advice on mergers, acquisitions, disposals and other commercial ventures.
- Advice for insurance brokers’ clients on insurance and liability provisions in commercial contracts they are entering into.
- Assisting insurance brokers and their clients in positioning disputed insurance claims.
- Assisting insurance brokers in relation to legal questions raised by their clients.
- Support on new product development.
- Independent and domicile-neutral captive insurance advice including captive feasibility studies.
- Assisting with responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We combine insurance, regulatory and commercial expertise to provide a package of specialist legal and regulatory support for managing general agents (MGAs), delivered by experienced lawyers with a strong understanding of the insurance sector.
Advice covers such matters as:
- Terms of business agreements.
- Appointed Representative agreements.
- Introducer agreements.
- Delegated authority agreements.
- Sub-agency agreements.
- Back office arrangements (including technology solutions).
- Outsourcing contracts.
We combine insurance, regulatory and commercial expertise to provide a package of specialist legal and regulatory support for insurers, delivered by experienced lawyers with a strong understanding of the insurance sector.
Advice covers such matters as:
- Regulatory advice in relation to new product development and distribution.
- Reviewing policy wording and point of sale documentation in relation to existing and new products.
- Advice on contractual arrangements with captives and other ART vehicles.
- Coverage advice & policy interpretation.
- Advice on contractual arrangements with insurance brokers, introducers, distributors and joint venture partners.
We offer financial advisers access to a comprehensive package of legal support to help them take advantage of new market opportunities and provide best advice to their clients, including advice on:
- Financial services regulation (with the benefit of legal privilege)
- Commercial agreements including client service agreements, introducer and appointed representative agreements
- Financial promotions, including offshore product promotions in the UK
- Shareholder agreements, business re-structures and share options
- Structuring and establishing investment funds
- Responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- Business structuring, mergers, acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures
Our team has a national reputation as legal advisers to those setting up or operating investment funds – regulated and unregulated, onshore and offshore, privately and publicly funded. In particular, we have significant expertise and experience in dealing with UK and European Governments in connection with publicly supported funds, including the application of State Aid.
As many funds are established offshore, we work closely with advisers in key offshore jurisdictions to deliver a seamless, quality service to our clients. We are also able to introduce clients to organisations authorised to manage the day to day operation of collective investment schemes.
Our work covers private equity funds, regional investment funds and third party litigation funders.