Our experience of advising the managers and sponsors of regional investment funds means you can rely upon us for a full range of corporate, commercial, insurance and regulatory advice to help you minimise risk and maximise opportunities in your projects and transactions - wherever in the world you are doing business.
Regional investment funds are investment funds that exist to help reduce regional imbalances in access to early stage debt and equity finance for smaller businesses across the UK.
Our work includes advice on matters such as:
- Structuring and forming all types of regional investment funds including proof of concept funds, commercialisation funds, debt funds, mezzanine funds and venture funds.
- Preparing fund documentation including prospectuses, limited partnership agreements, limited liability partnership agreements, management agreements, advisory agreements and service agreements.
- Negotiating with UK and EU Governments and their regional funding bodies including the British Business Bank and the European Regional Development Fund.
- Drafting and negotiating collaboration agreements with Local Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships and other stakeholders and partners.
- Corporate governance and management issues including the formation of oversight and advisory boards.
- Re-structuring and re-organising funds.
- Financial services regulation including financial promotion rules.
- Public sector investment rules.
- Legal due diligence and verification.
- Data protection.